The next STEPMOM RETREAT is happening Oct. 12th-15th. Find out more here!
No one can understand just how challenging it is to be a stepmom – unless they’ve been one. As a stepmom myself, I get it. I’ve been where you’re at and I can tell you there are ways you can start creating your stepmom experience as you want it to be.
I’ve been doing this work for years because of all the challenges I faced as a stepmom. I sometimes felt like an outsider in my own home and it was difficult to find a way to live on my terms and feel like I could completely be myself.
I didn’t know what my role should be and often felt guilty getting my needs met in case I was letting my family down. I was lucky I had a supportive partner, but I learned how important it is to strengthen that relationship and what to do to keep it strong.
The dynamics of being a stepmom can be extremely challenging whether you have your partner’s support or not. I know from my training and work with hundreds of stepmoms around the world that being a stepmom presents unique challenges and there are particular ways to approach situations that work and make a difference. That’s what I want to share with you so you can start to have a fulfilling and rewarding stepmom experience no matter where you are on your unique journey.
The key areas I help people with are:
- Understanding your role as a stepmom and how to start living on your terms
- What being a great partner and stepmom means in your unique situation
- How to communicate with your extended family to get your needs met
- How to get support from your partner – the exact strategies and techniques that get you heard, understood and part of a winning team
- How to keep your relationship with your partner strong – he’s the reason we’re all here!
- How to get through the tough times and unique stepmom challenges
- How to build relationships with your stepchildren of all ages
Find out more about my coaching programs here!
Working with Jenna
I know how hard it is to be a stepmom and how unique your journey is.
I also know from working with all kinds of stepmoms in all kinds of different situations that YOU CAN start to create your life as a stepmom more as you want it.
I have come up with some universal strategies and techniques that work for everyone that you can use right away to transform your situation and relationships with your partner, stepchildren, their birth parents and ultimately yourself.
I wanted to share these with more stepmoms so have made some really affordable ways to work together, including the Stepmom Revolution membership group, which is an opportunity for me to support you every step of the way.
I’m your cheerleader. I’m rooting for you and your family. I will never judge or shame you. On the contrary, I’m here to elevate you and help you expand your ability to see what’s possible so you can work around any conflict or obstacle you encounter.
Jenna’s professional training and experience include:
- Founder of Stepmom Revolution
- Co-author of the book, Skirts At War: Beyond Divorced Mom/Stepmom Conflict
(read a free chapter here)
- Certified Stepfamily Foundation Coach
- Certified Practitioner of Strategic Intervention through Robbins-Madanes.
- RCI Certified Relationship Coach
- Blogger at StepmomHelp.com
- Blogger for The Huffington Post
- Registered Nurse
- Become a Certified Stepfamily Coach! Jenna offers a certification course for stepparents (who would like to become coaches) and/or therapists in stepfamily dynamics through Stepfamily-Help.com.
- Contributing writer for Stepparent Magazine
- Contributing writer for SM Magazine (2011-8/2015),
- Jenna has been featured on CNN.com, YourTango.com, PopSugar, parenting.com and care.com.