As a stepmom, chances are you’ve had some, if not all, of the following thoughts:
- This is the hardest thing I’ve ever done!
- I feel like an outsider in my own home.
- Why do my needs always come last?
- My husband doesn’t understand my concerns. I can’t talk about his children without him getting defensive.
- I dread the thought of my stepchildren coming over.
- My stepchildren don’t respect me.
- My husband lets his children and ex-wife walk all over him.
- Why does my husband’s ex-wife hate me when all I try to do is care for HER children?
- My friends and family have good intentions, but they just don’t understand.
- Since becoming a stepmom my emotional and/or physical health has started to deteriorate.
Now breathe a sigh of relief – you’re not alone.
Whether you’re a seasoned stepmom or just getting your toes wet, as your Stepmom Coach I can help you to:
- Find practical solutions to your stepmom/stepfamily issues and help you cope effectively with the areas that don’t have “solutions.”
- Help you clarify your emotions and understand yourself and your feelings better
- Focus on what’s in your control to change.
- Stop feeling like an outsider in your own home.
- Discover ways to connect with your stepchildren.
- Strengthen your relationship with your partner.
- Protect yourself from unwanted behavior by the ex or stepkids.
- Recognize when you need to detach/disengage with love – and learn how to.
- Live authentically and in alignment with your values.
- Take better care of yourself.
- Reclaim your happiness.