If you’ve found your way to this site, you’re probably a stepmom in desperate need of some help. I’ve been there, and I can tell you there is a way to keep your sanity and your stepfamily intact.
As a stepmom, chances are you’ve had some, if not all, of the following thoughts:
- This is the hardest thing I’ve ever done!
- I feel like an outsider in my own home.
- Why do my needs always come last?
- My husband doesn’t understand my concerns. I can’t talk to him about his children without him getting defensive.
- I dread the thought of my stepchildren coming over.
- My stepchildren don’t respect me.
- My husband lets his children and ex-wife walk all over him.
- Why does my husband’s ex-wife hate me when all I try to do is care for HER children?
- Nobody understands me.
Now breathe a sigh of relief; you’re not alone.
Whether you’re a seasoned stepmom or just getting your toes wet, as your Stepmom Coach, I can help you to:
- Ease feelings of helplessness and regain your power by defining your role as a stepmom, creating a clear vision of what you want your life to look like.
- Learn how to effectively change parts of your situation that are under your control.
- Stop feeling like an outsider in your own home.
- Discover ways to connect with your stepchildren.
- Create “couple strength” with your partner.
- Create the boundaries you need in order to live a more satisfying life and learn how to communicate those boundaries in an effective way.
- Learn how to quit being “super stepmom” without feeling guilty.
- Keep your own identity. Learn how to practice self-care and make yourself a priority, without the guilt.